As OverOps continues to grow, we’re looking to expand our field engineering team with a highly technical Solution Engineer, hungry to sink their teeth into some exciting tech. OverOps allows our customers to have actionable insights into their code like never before. These insights fuel faster innovation and less downtime which contributes to a stable of happy and referenceable customers.
In this role, you’ll work directly with the operation and development teams of our prospects and customers to understand their workflow and how they can best utilize OverOps in their unique environments. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our experienced sales team to guide them through the relationship from a technical perspective. Because of the highly technical nature of our product, strong technical acumen in addition to great, consultative people-skills would make you great for this.
This is not a standard sales engineering role where you do nothing but demo. We are looking for SEs that are passionate about changing how companies ship applications. You should be an experienced engineer who still tries to find time to code yourself - you’re not so far away from the work our customers are doing day-to-day and can make informed and intelligent suggestions. You need to be poised and articulate and able to easily communicate with both an individual developer on a team and the CXO of the company to help everyone see value and support the sales team in driving the sale through.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
This means that in order to be successful, we’d expect to see the following:
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years experience developing and deploying software in the enterprise
- 5+ years of experience working with Java and/or .NET
- Significant experience working with Linux OS
- Knowledge of networking components and concepts
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues that may prevent communication between different components
- Excellent customer facing skills and interest in working onsite with customers
- Ability to travel domestically 30%+ of the time
Even better if you have any of the following:
- Experience running an engineering team
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure and/or other cloud technologies
- Knowledge in containers technology
- Knowledge in authentication methods (SAML, LDAP) and AD
- Experience with deployment methodologies (chef, puppet)
- Pre-sales experience
(Please note that this is a remote role supporting the South East.)