OverOps is looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. Our tools help companies know when and why application code breaks in production environments.
We're a fast growing startup funded by Menlo Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use. You will be responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals and instructions, mainly on online platforms.
- Working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Producing high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is relevant for its intended audience
- Creating tutorials and community articles to help end-users use our products
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Writing new content, revising existing document content, as well as editing and standardizing materials from various sources
- 2+ years' work experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation with attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts
- Ability to prioritize and push documentation issues forward
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent - major advantage
- Familiarity with auto generated-content authoring environments, e.g.: Readme.io, Stoplight.io, Swagger/OAS and similar - advantage
- Can install, learn quickly, and understand technical software and is able to write about it clearly and accurately - advantage
- Knowledge of code and the development world - advantage