Australia's Online Pet Retailer
- Improved website page load time from 5 to 3 seconds
- Errors contributing to site slowdowns were identified and resolved before site speed was impacted
- Payment failures were detected and resolved quickly
- Ensure high level of customer service and satisfaction
Pet Circle is Australia’s largest pet retailer with over 500,000 customers, offering over 5,000
products online. It was ranked #1 online pet retailer in Australia in 2015 and 2018.
Pet Circle is an online retailer servicing 500,000 customers, so a seamless customer experience is critical to the company’s success. For Pet Circe, the most important online metrics are fast page load times and low shopping cart abandonment rate due to payment failure, which translate to immediate lost revenue to the company as 100% of their business is online.
Key challenges for Pet Circle included the following:
- Intermittent payment failures were occurring for customers using PayPal.
- Website page load times were slow, averaging 5 seconds.
- Investigations tended to occur sometime after a significant issue had occurred, without the data that developers needed to confidently detect and resolve the issues.
“We tried for months to replicate these failures in Dev/QA environments with little success”. James Edwards, COO
In its first week, OverOps detected and helped our development team resolve payment failures which had existed in our production environment for months. OverOps is a complete and reliable solution, allowing developers to understand the root cause (stack-trace, source code, and variable values) quickly and accurately.
“Using OverOps, we were able to improve website performance and reduce page load times from 5 seconds to under 3 seconds. Additionally, OverOps is pleasant and easy to use. This
means that developers actually want to use it, unlike their log management software. So there is a higher rate of adoption among the development teams. OverOps reduces the maintenance to development time ratio so developers can focus on making user experience more enjoyable instead of troubleshooting errors.”
“In its first week, OverOps detected and helped our team resolve payment failures which had existed in our production environment for months.”
How are you integrating OverOps within your workflow?
IT administrators use OverOps for monitoring and collating issues. Developers use OverOps for resolving problems in our production code base.